BlogOn Toys 2018
#BlogOnToys is happening this weekend.
I am so very excited, but also when you look forward to something so much, you wonder if it will be as good as previous times.
The lovely Katy from katykicker.com. Has set out a list of questions so everyone attending BlogOnToys can join in if they so wish and answer the questions.
A linky can be a really good way to interact with others and get to know other bloggers in the Blogosphere.
So here goes me-
I am Sadie, mum to four amusing children, ages 14 down to 7. I am a lone parent and am 47 years young, but hey age is just a number.
- Share a photograph – The above photo was taken at 6pm 12/09/2018 so just a few hours ago as I type this post
- What is the best thing about blogging? – The Community, the friends, having my own space and being Me!
- What was your dream job when you were growing up? – When I was young it was to be a Lorry Driver, then I always dreamed of being an author, I still have my books with the characters I would intend to go into my stories.
- What is your lucky number? – 5 as there is 4 children and I, but I also like the number 7, I guess as I am one of seven children.
- What is your favourite season? – Summer, I always loved visiting Africa, the heat never phased me, sadly as I have grown older, I have developed Reynaulds syndrome, so suffer badly in the cold weather.
- If you had to choose one what would your favourite dish from the Chinese be? – Chicken in yellow bean sauce with cashew nuts.
- What is your useless talent? – I can whistle inwards and outwards, but I can not do those cat call whistles.
- If you could keep any animal as a pet what would you choose? – A Panther, a beautiful black panther I would call Baghera. Good job I have two cats at home, though am so tempted by a little dog, but my cats say NO.
- Which one meal would you eat forever? (If you had to choose one!) – Roast dinner, I mean come on it is the one meal you can’t get bored with as so many variations to create and cook, you can even add different vegetables and potatoes too.
- What is the last thing you check before you lock your front door? – I always have to have my cats in, unless it is warm outside, but we do not have a cat flap and so I really sleep better if they are locked indoors with my children and I overnight.
- If you won £50,000 what would be the first thing you would buy? – A car, or would it be a holiday, maybe treat my Mum and two of my best friends out for dinner first.
- What is your favourite social media channel? – It changes, so currently I am enjoying Instagram.
- Tell us more about your best ever holiday – I have been on so many, but one of my favourites has to be visiting Swaziland and South Africa and visiting the Kruger National Park, it really is an amazing place, with so many wild animals, that I had only ever seen in books or on TV.
- Name one cake you rock at baking – I am enjoying baking Banana Muffins at the moment, they must be good as there is never any left at the end of the day.
- Which session are you most looking forward to? – Well I am pretty divided, the Photography Hub is sounding pretty amazing. Then there is the talk on Presenting by none other than someone I used to see all the time on Children’s TV, the lovely Alex Winters no less, but also really looking forward to going into the Players lounge to see some products by Nintendo I mean talk about being spoiled with Christmas Shopping ideas and getting to see stuff up close and personal. So to summarise I am excited about ALL OF IT.
- What is your favourite book ever? – Oh this is easy, why it has to be The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson.
- Which special event is your favourite? (Halloween, Christmas etc)- I LOVE CHRISTMAS, I mean come on, it is the season of magic, the time of hope, the time of giving and of eating copious amounts of deliciousness too and the drinking, Hot Chocolate and cream on top.
- If the internet vanished right now how would you share your message or life story without a blog? – By talking to people, by writing like we once used too, by letters.
If anyone is nervous or worried about not knowing anyone and you spot me, come and say Hello, I don’t bite….well unless you smell delicious of course and I love to talk.
I am so very much looking forward to this weekend, to Manchester, but mostly to learn, network, meet old and brand new friends. No one is a stranger, just a friend I have yet to meet.
Gosh I nearly forgot, I am also looking forward to the Toy Judging and the Raffle too.
Hope to see some familiar faces and some lovely new ones too.